Public Officer position (core role)
- The Secretary holds the position of Public Officer.
- Responsible for supplying the Office of Regulatory Services with an annual financial statement
- Responsible for informing the Office of Regulatory Services if there is:
- a change of Public Officer or a change of registered address
- there’s a change of name
- the association becomes a trustee
- the association is winding up
Executive Meetings (core role)
- Organising monthly meetings date/time/location: it currently 5 pm on Sundays, done via video conferencing (Google Meet) due to COVID. Previously held at
- Send meeting reminders with RSVP to ensuring there will a quorum (5 members) and request items to add to the standard agenda ie ‘other business’.
- Take the minutes of meetings and record any action items given to enable committee members to keep track of progress against key tasks.
- Maintain electronic copies of past minutes and supply minutes to members on request.
Annual General Meeting (AGM) (core role)
- Organise AGM date/time/location: it is usually at the end of November, early December. Requires audit documentation to be ready for presentation after the end of the club’s financial year (31st of October), so scheduling is depending on that.
- Ensure the general membership is notified of the AGM details with at least 14 days notice
- Prepare documents for the AGM along with copies for members (agenda, financial report, auditor’s report, last year’s draft AGM minutes) along with AGM forms (attendance sign-in sheet, nomination forms).
- The Secretary takes receipt of notice of proxies which must be received no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting. No member can hold more than 5 proxies.
Post Office Box (core role)
- Check PO Box for mail: email notification currently set up.
- Commonly consists of banking documentation that is sent electronically anyway.
Lodgment of relevant documentation (core role)
- Active Canberra Incorporation Annual Return: due 31st of April every year, 6 months after the end of the year. AGM and Audit documentation required.
- Capital Football Affiliation: start of each calendar year for the upcoming winter season. Capital Football will notify when it is available to be completed. Competition registration packages can’t be set up until this is done.
- Food Business registration renewal: due in February 2021 (maybe extended 6 months due to COVID pandemic). Can be extended for 1-3 years.
Custody of books/documents (core role)
- Policy documents
Maintenance of Registries (core role)
- Register of membership
- Committee member contact list
- Committee member history
- WWVP register
- Life membership register
- Injury register
Banking/financial (supplementary role)
- Assisting Treasurer and President with banking approvals.
G-Suite/email (supplementary role)
- Ensure email hosting and domain registration is maintained.
- Assist other members with technical support (G-Suite Super User access).
Website (supplementary role)
- Website maintenance: keep website software updated.
- Ensure website hosting and domain registration is maintained.
- Update information on the website as requested by other committee members.
- Replication of newsletter and other announcements on the site.
- Undertake complete overhaul of the website (ie start from scratch).
Digital Media production (supplementary role)
- Ad hoc media production to illustrate information, for advertisement/promotion, awards etc.
Policy/guideline production (supplementary role)
- Assist in the production of internal and external club policies and guidelines.
Social media (supplementary role)
- Assist with dissemination of information/announcement on social media.
- Assist with responding to comments/messages on social media.
- Production of social media material.